S
U
N
Y
E
ourlittleexcapade.blogspot.com

Hot and Cold [00] Tuesday, December 29, 2009



Index: [00] [01]








Insecure.

If there's one word to perfectly describe my whole 19 years of living in this sad world, it would have to be insecurity. I grew up in a very good-looking family, with a wealthy background and a booming family business. My parents are highly respected in the corporate world. My sister is on course to be the perfect heiress - she would top the rankings wherever she studies... ever since she started learning. Dad is handsome, mom is pretty, my sister is gorgeous, heck even our bulldog is good-looking. Sadly, I am not. I do not possess my parents' good genes. I am ugly and fat. Okay, truth be told, I am not that bad. I would pass Kim Samsoon in terms of look. But having to see a family picture where you look like an obese elephant next to the toothpick that is Min Shiyeon, my insanely perfect sister, you're just driven to think that way. It's such a sad life.


Just imagine this scene:

It is my parents' anniversary party, and a crowd of high-profile guests are invited to the ballroom. Perfect Shiyeon is the center of attention as she always is (Yawn.), and men are swooning over to her. She has this innocent expression on her face (which is fake) and guys by that time are already going crazy for her.

After all the commotion, she finally approaches me. I'd like to think that she feels bad that I am standing all alone for the past hour, like a statue, but knowing Shiyeon, that would be a joke. She is probably going to tell me about how the men are annoying her with all those lame pick-up lines, when my own naked eyes tell me she loves the attention.

And then, one of our parents' friends comes by and greets us. Oh yeah, imagine her to have such a hard face because of the excessive Botox injections, like how most of my mothers' friends are: superficial.

"Shiyeon ah, omoooo, you're getting prettier every time I see you!" she says excitedly, hugging my sister.

"Oh Sunye ah... you look... great," is what she says about me, with such an unpleasant look on her face.


I do not hate or detest my sister in any way at all. People overrating her may get me sick to the core most of the time, but we are like partners-in-crime. Despite the fact that she leads me to an ocean of insecurities, she is my dearest older sister, after all.

But, when this boy I've liked since forever, starts liking my sister, I wish she didn't exist, or at least, I wish god made her look like shit. Immature, but I
really, really, really like him, okay?

Labels: , , , ,

1:05 AM
All material © Our little excapade ♥ 2011.
Powered by Blogger.

Home