S
U
N
Y
E
ourlittleexcapade.blogspot.com

Smile Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pairing: Sunye/Joe Jonas


I knew the day would come bearing good news.
I knew I was going to smile that day.
I just knew it.

... even though I was sulking like a baby.
... even though life was being a bitch.
... even though my love line had been unbelievably dry.

It was easily the worst period of my whole 20 years of living.

But like I said, I just knew something was going to make me smile - excuse my overly optimistic mood. I just knew it, okay?

It was 9 PM, and I was stuck at home. Doesn't sound so bad? Okay, let me rephrase that. I am a single 20-years-old stuck in the apartment, munching crazily on some chocolate cookies, on a Saturday night. To add to that, I was gaining weight like crazy. I was having bad hair days. It had been months since we were in the States, and there was still no sign of paparazzi chasing us... And my stupid boyfriend and I called it quits. He said the long-distance relationship was killing him. Weakling.

It didn't make it feel better that I was all alone in the Manhattan apartment my band and I shared. They and the staff team had their usual outing, and they did offer me, but, although I hated being such a sucker to stay at home, going out just didn't seem fun anymore.

Yeeun and Yubin often complained about how much I was being such a dramaqueen, and that breaking-up with Taecyeon did not signal the end of the world, by any means. I should be more open to other men and that I should just move on.

4 simple words: Easier said than done.


Bring Bring.

I lazily shifted my eyes towards the door. It took me a while to register the fact that it was just me in the apartment, and when I did realise that, I eventually, with high degree of reluctance, dragged my feet to the door. I had somewhat expected it to be one of the girls, probably forgetting some things. Who else could it be?

Standing before me was a man wearing black from head to toe – black leather jacket over an equally black top, black jeans, and black shoes. He even had a cap which was the same colour, almost swallowing his entire head. I could not recognise him, neither did it come across my mind that he was someone I know.

I stood there still as if time had stopped, thinking the worst possible outcome. Screw the thing about me being happy at the end of the day, it probably would become the worst day of my entire life. He must be there to kidnap me. I was going to be drugged and passed out. I was sure of that.

I tried to close the door in a swift move, but it had succumbed to a failure. Before anything, he had already grabbed me by the shoulder. Just the touch of his bare skin on mine alone made me shiver.

Extremely panicking, I abruptly turned around and kicked him hard on the balls, not wasting even a mere millisecond. Taking the opportunity whilst the man was crouching down in pain, I dashed to close the door and turned the knob to lock it.

“I learnt taekwondo, I swear. I’ll break you down into minute pieces!” I threatened, in Korean, but the fear was very evident in my shaky voice.

There was a momentary silence. I must have hit jackpot when I attacked him. Seeing him bending down immediately, not saying any word was enough to tell he was in intense pain.

But the kidnapper regained his composure not long after that, as the bell kept on ringing again.

It got me thinking for a few minutes what kidnapper would still ring the bell when he has been exposed. Did I just get impulsive again? Did I just kick the poor, innocent man’s shining warrior?

Slowly, I opened the door again.

And I received the shock of my life.

“Joe?” I asked, with a stir of emotions – surprised, embarrassed, guilty, joy.

This time, the dark cap was gone, and from his brunette locks and fair complexion, I could tell it was none other than my summer fling, Joseph Jonas. I chuckled seeing how his face had reddened from the pain I caused him, and how much he was trying to contain his anger.

“God, I was thinking of surprising you, but you had to think of me as some kind of bad guy?” he said, playfully rolling his eyes.

“You just looked like one, like a kidnapper,” I replied.

I had the sudden urge to just jump onto him and hug him tightly. But I restrained myself.

“I had to avoid the paparazzi,” he told me, offering the sweet smile I adored so much.

“Aren’t you gonna--” he asked, his hand pointing his finger into the apartment. “I wouldn’t want to be caught, after covering myself so much.”

“Uh, okay, sorry. I just didn’t expect you to come,” I said, slightly embarrassed.


It felt awkward just sitting down on the sofa in silence, when we had so much chemistry during their tour over the summer. I hadn’t really digested the fact that he actually took his time to personally visit me. It was still really surreal.

“I told you I would learn Korean, and I really did. I thought I knew a lot, but when you screamed at me just now, I had no idea what you were saying,” he joked.

I laughed. “Oh, really?”

He nodded excitedly. “Jongmal.”

Joe sounded very weird speaking in my native language that I burst out laughing so hard.



“So is it a yes?”

“What?”

“You promised me one thing.”

“I did?”

“That if you and that Tic break-up, you’ll give me a chance.”

“It’s Taec,” I managed to correct him, in spite still being very dumbfounded.

I was obviously just kidding when I said that. He didn’t take those seriously, did he?

“Yubin told me you broke-up with him,” he said as-a-matter-of-factly.

He continued before I could even answer him, not that I had any in my shocked mind. “I have a feeling you’ll reject me. Who am I kidding, right? You just broke-up with this Tic guy. But honestly, jongmal, joaheyo.”

Seeing me still static, he went on with his speech.

“It wasn’t just a fling, what we had. I missed you so much.”


I did end up with a smile that fateful day.

Labels: , ,

4:46 PM
All material © Our little excapade ♥ 2011.
Powered by Blogger.

Home