S
U
N
Y
E
ourlittleexcapade.blogspot.com

Taking Chances Saturday, April 3, 2010

Youngbae & Sunye
T a k i n g C h a n c e s





"So, what do you have in mind?"

My trains of thoughts were dispersed upon the question coming out of my date's mouth.

"Huh?"

"Sunye..."

Almost immediately, my head shook up and glanced at the boy who was now standing before me. I could swear I heard Youngbae calling out my name.

Unfortunately, to my disappointment, the jerk was nowhere in sight. It was an illusion. I had way too many of that of late for my own good.

Smiling awkwardly at my date, I was hit by the guilt hanging by my shoulders. I was supposed to have fun on this date, and subsequently, make Seungri feel comfortable and happy as well. But I was doing the very contrary. I was too quiet, too preoccupied mentally and my mind was stuck on Youngbae. The date was confirming my doubts, that I had indeed fallen head over heels for my neighbour.

"Are you okay? You seem quiet. Are you not feeling well?" he asked me.

I felt that I was boring the heck out of him. If he weren't a gentleman, he would have fled off the scene. But Seungri was too nice.

"I'm sorry if this has been the most boring date you've ever went to. Wait, it's not an if, I'm pretty sure this is, for sure, the most boring."

Seungri chuckled at my little confession.

"... I am not feeling well. I gotta go... I'm so sorry. I understand if you won't ever go out with me again."

"Youngbae is a lucky guy."

"Yeah, but he's so clueless and stupid. He makes me maddddd."
.
.
.
I gasped in horror after realisation wavered over me. "How'd you--"

"It's pretty obvious how much you like him."

I felt extremely bad at that point. Seeing Seungri's disappointed, yet accepting look made me want to hit myself for being bad.



"Yo, Sunye."

My heart skipped a beat.

I paused for a while, but I regained composure not long after. I seriously needed to shove every single thought about him away, because his face and voice and just everything about him were occupying every available space in my lovesick mind. Definitely not healthy.

I shrugged the delusion off and continued walking to school.

I felt somewhat ridiculous, because it was just the start of the day and already, I was thinking about him. I could possibly explode by the end of the day, due to a Youngbae-overdose. God, help me.

"Sunye, you know I am too awesome to be ignored."

Hah, even his natural cockiness was sounding its way into my system.

It wasn't until after I turned around due to a strong, all-too-familiar grip on my wrist that I realised that he was actually there, not in my dreams, but there, standing right before me, breathing the same Oxygen.

"Wow."

I had no idea why that word was the first thing that came out of my awestruck mouth.

"Wow?" Youngbae had an amused look printed on his smirky face.

Fcuk, I missed him so much that I could just lunge myself onto him and hug him tightly, until he couldn't even heave a breath. I didn't even realise how much I was missing his company, but my heart was racing over a mega kilometre per second as I gazed at his pair of brown eyes, I was afraid it would eventually leap off of my pounding chest.

And to think, it had only been a week since he left for Japan. A WEEK.

"Why are you so quiet?"

... "Hi. Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in Japan?"

"Yeah, well, I was supposed to come back eventually, right?"

"But it's only been a week."

A week which seemed like a century, if you ask me.

"Yeah, the holiday was supposed to be for a week."

I scoffed in disbelief. "So Jungmin and Dongjin were just playing with me? I thought you'd be gone for two long months!"

“Why? You miss me? Oh wow, you’re losing your cool, babe. Two long months?” He put much emphasised on how the words came out of my mouth.

HECK TO THE YEAH.

But I just had to keep my ego, hadn’t I?

“Nooooo, I was doing just fine. But now that you’re back again, I’ll have to deal with your annoying self,” I feigned a groan and a disgruntled sigh.

He just smiled at the taste of victory.

“Too bad, because I missed you. I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend, but my confidence is definitely thrown out of the water now.”

I stopped in my tracks and faced the boy who had also halted his steps.

For all I knew, it could have been just another joke coming out of his creative head. After all, Youngbae is a firm believer that pranks do not only belong to April Fool’s Day.

But I couldn’t help it.

There was an overwhelming, strong voice inside my head telling me to stop being the helpless damsel in distress. 'Tell him, or regret.'

I planted my lips on his lips.
I didn't need words. He would understand just fine.

Labels: , , ,

6:02 PM
All material © Our little excapade ♥ 2011.
Powered by Blogger.

Home