S
U
N
Y
E
ourlittleexcapade.blogspot.com

Bound Thursday, March 25, 2010



B O U N D

"... It's not about how much love you have in the beginning
but how much love you build till the end."

Index: [00] [01]

Prologue



I was bound to Nichkhun Horvejkul.

Ever since I was little, my mother never fails to tell me how much she wanted to see the union between him and I, and that she wishes time to pass by faster. It is just her ultimate dream to see us tie the knot and make beautiful princes and princesses of mixed ethnicity.

So, growing up, I always knew there was no chance for me to date other guys - or at least, take the relationship seriously. I genuinely didn’t mind. I obviously didn’t realise how significant the whole arranged marriage was. I have known Khun since I was little, and despite not being on the greatest terms with the arrogant kid for most of the time, I thought it couldn’t be bad. I mean, how could it be? It is not some stranger I was going to call my husband. Okay, I didn’t quite get along with Khun and his annoying self, but come on, everyone wanted to have a piece of the poster boy. He’s good-looking, wealthy, popular and athletic. Even I had to resist the temptation of ogling at him at certain occasions.

But then, I started to develop crushes. I began to fall for other guys, particularly this one boy who makes my heart flutter so much. It sucks because in the end, it is none other than Khun whom I am exchanging vows with – the college boy who thinks he is way too cool to date a supposedly lame high school student like me.

Now that I’m hitting the final years of my teenage years, our mothers are getting busy trying to get our dreaded engagement on track. I am set to be engaged to Nichkhun in three days’ time. Our wedding date has also been set: only two months away (right after I graduate high school!). God, help me.



“I have an idea. Let’s compromise.”

Upon his words, I looked at my childhood frenemy questioningly. Having known him for sixteen long years, I had a gut feeling that it was another bad one coming out of his genius head. His so-called brilliant ideas had thrown us into trouble more times than not, mind you.

But then again, he looked like he was going to suffocate and die in so much pain when our parents informed us that we were going to be engaged very soon, so I had that little belief that he would put out a brilliant idea when he gets very desperate.

“What? You’re going to run away from home?” I half-joked.

He made a face. “No.”

Of course, rich boy couldn’t even spend a day without daddy’s money.

“Then?”

“Sunye, you don’t look like you’re complaining. You must secretly love the idea of marrying me,” he teased, with an annoying smirk carved on his gorgeous face.

I almost choked on my apple juice when that conceited statement made its way into my ears.

“I’d rather get reborn as a stray cat.”

He laughed at my comeback. I couldn’t help but to join in.

“Marrying you doesn’t seem so dready after all. Come to think of it, you’re funny as hell. I’d love to have that sense of humour around... It’s fun seeing you make fun of yourself.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “Let me rephrase that, shall I? This only doesn’t seem like a bad prospect because you’re gonna inherit a shitload of fortune if you do marry me. Come on, we both know that. Personally, you know you prefer all those sophisticated, mature women whom you love having one-night-stands with. Mr Horvejkul, I know you too well.”

Khun smiled knowingly. “You’re clever, what a plus point.”

“I know I am. Anyway, what’s the compromise?”

“Divorce after a year.”

Oh, how I wish it was that simple.

“And what does that do to us? This marriage serves to ensure that the company’s future is set.”

I refused to think that I would give birth to Khun’s son, the future successor of the corporate. I felt nauseous just having that thought.

I learnt a new thing about him. I didn’t know he could read minds.

“Yeah, we’re gonna get you pregnant and have a healthy boy, and then we divorce."

He must be on drugs.

Labels: , , ,

4:19 PM
All material © Our little excapade ♥ 2011.
Powered by Blogger.

Home