S
U
N
Y
E
ourlittleexcapade.blogspot.com

Soulmates Monday, May 9, 2011

(Pairing: Sunye/Siwon)

I didn’t know what wrong I had done in my past life, but fate loved playing games with me. How else would you explain him showing up once again in my life and ruining the serenity, bringing back the chaos and calamity that I could very well do without?

To my question, Choi Siwon would answer, in his signature cool and collected manner, “Because we’re soul mates.”

You would think after everything that happened, I would have the intelligence to neglect his charming words and address them as pure bullshit, but he had this… unexplainable effect on me. It was like he had complete control over my emotions, and he knew just exactly how trigger them, and sway them in his favour. I would be the first to admit that I was stupid to come back crawling at him like a sick puppy, but when it came to Siwon, I just automatically became at loss with my rational thinking. I forgave him for turning my life upside down so easily, and he didn’t even have to try.

Maybe I didn’t try hard enough, or perhaps, I never hated him all this while. I just announced the fact that I loathed his very existence because I didn’t want to appear too weak in front of everyone else. It was some sort of façade. But look now, who was I kidding?

“FUCK!”

My immediate attention focused on the suddenly fuming Siwon. He ran his fingers through his hair and written on his eyes were inexplicable degree of anger. He loosened up his tie in infuriation and begun pacing back and forth as he pressed some numbers aggressively on his cell phone.

“Babe, what is wrong?” I was extremely worried. I just had this sinking feeling that…

“MAYHEM FOUND US OUT!” Siwon screamed to the other line.

As if on slow motion, that sentence sank a little too slowly in my anxious brain. Perhaps, I was in denial and I didn’t want to accept that deadly fact. I knew just how fatal the situation was unfolding.

Clutching on to my chest to calm the frantic beatings of my heart, I stayed in silence as I tried to relax my nerves. I stared at Siwon, who had his eyes kept on me as he continued discussing it with his partner, Seunghyun. His beautiful gaze did not work its magic this time, as I was still shaken with fear.

After hanging up the phone, he quickly grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

“It’s going to be okay.”

That was when the tears I held in amidst my moist vision were involuntarily released and tears came pouring down from the corner of my eyes uncontrollably.

The realistic part of me spoke out, “No, it’s not going to be!”

Siwon only tightened his embrace.




“I’m going with you,” I demanded, with undiscovered authority tagging firmly in the tone of my insistent voice.

“No, it’s not safe,” he retorted back, equally adamant.

I rolled my eyes and looked away, certainly not willing to give up on my request. I wouldn’t call it a request; it was more like a definite command.

Seeing my unwavering response, Siwon placed his hands on both of my arms. There was a strong grip installed, it was hurting me a little. He stared intensely at me, and we stayed like that for a good few minutes.

There was so much unspoken exchange and the deafening silence was getting ridiculous. Just as I was about to speak up, he beat me to it. There were tears almost swallowing his eyes, and I just felt absolutely crushed. Whilst it would be such a norm for me to be the one weeping, I had never seen Siwon cried, ever.

“I love you, Sunye. I love you to death and nothing will ever change that fact.”

I wasted no time in pressing my lips onto his, but I was still very obstinate in the back of my head. After a good few minutes of passionate kissing, I quickly interjected, “If you love me, why won’t you let me be with you? Why do you have to run by yourself, why can’t I be running away with you?”

“Don’t you understand? It’s so fucking dangerous! Do you not know Mayhem?!!”

“We can do this together. I can’t live without you.”

“No, I don’t wanna risk losing you.”

I started throwing him punches out of pure frustration. Why couldn’t he understand the fact that I simply could not live without him? That I would be driven to the point of insanity knowing he was in so much danger and I could no nothing about it?

I wanted to continue justifying my opinion, but Siwon wouldn’t give up. “It’s final. I don’t want you joining me and get yourself exposed to this world.”

“FINE! Then, go ahead, leave me. Don’t you come back one day and start all that soul mate crap, because after this, I’ll be moving on. Siwon, don’t think you’ll ever have a chance again with me!” I yelled right onto his face. “You know what you’re doing? You’re PLAYING with me. I am just some sort of an entertainment. But when things get tough, clearly, you don’t think I’m even worth it. You had me fooled once, this is the last straw.”

“What the fuck do you think I am? Is that how you perceive of me? Playing you like you are some sort of an entertainment?!” He fired back, his facial expression exhibiting his extreme incredulity. “I can’t believe you would take my love for granted.”

You are the one who’s taking my love for granted,” I insisted. Truth be told, I had no idea what I was saying anymore, and I knew I was pushing his buttons, but I was so angry and I wanted him to change his mind.

“I never take it for granted,” he responded, surprising me by how composed he had suddenly become. “Sunye, I love you and from the start, I had always told myself to never get myself involved with you because you deserve so much better. You have a bright future ahead and it would be extremely selfish of me to get you entangled into this underworld.”

“Then why did you start a relationship with me? And why the hell did you come back? Oh, right, you told me it's because we're soul mates.” I told him sarcastically.

He seemed to have been taken aback because he became mute. The intensity in his fiery beautiful brown eyes also looked like they had taken a backseat, because Siwon had no idea how to respond.

I continued as the flow of tears remained cascading across my face. I must have looked ridiculous, but none of that mattered. “You know, I was doing fine until you came back. And that was when I made the decision that I would never want to be apart from you anymore. I would be willing to get myself accustomed to your world.”

There was a glimmer of hope that Siwon would change his mind, but before I could start getting hopeful, he cruelly shot those thoughts away. “No, I can’t bring you with me.”

At the peak of my frustration, and on the verge of losing it, I turned on my heels and decided to walk away from him. I hadn’t given up yet, but I was doing it to slap some senses into his stubborn head and once again, make him change his mind. When I realised there was absolutely no response from his static self, I knew I had to make an intervention.

Upon reaching the door of his bedroom, I turned around and said, “I’m bidding you goodbye. Please don’t come back one day and claim me yours again. At least, I would want you to respect my future relationships.”

I wanted to scream when I noticed he hadn’t moved an inch at all.

So I continued, “I actually believed it when you called me your soul mate. I guess it’s not meant to be, my soul mate is someone else.”

That worked its magic. He ran towards me and hugged me so strongly like there was no tomorrow.

“I don’t ever want to lose you.”

Labels: , , ,

12:49 PM
All material © Our little excapade ♥ 2011.
Powered by Blogger.

Home